It has been a quiet and fairly uneventful week in London but one that was much needed considering the three of us are sick and suffering from major lack of sleep.
 |
| Stonehenge Throwback |
I finally started my internship and worked Tuesday, Wednesday and a half-day Friday. Overall I would say it was just alright. I spent a lot of time reading about the organization and had to take some online courses since I will be visiting the ambassador clubs and working with the disabled kids. I am really excited about that part. Besides that I have been doing research for an upcoming campaign they will be launching about travel accessibility. I am learning a lot but it's not too exciting and I wish I could be doing something more interesting. However, I am going to Parliament this Wednesday with my supervisor to lobby for funding and take pictures for their new website that is launching this week as well. Everyone at work has been really nice but it will take a few weeks for us to really get to know each other. Londoners aren't the most forward and open people with those they have just met. A major, major plus to this internship though is that I get five pounds a day for lunch!! When I heard that I had to ask my supervisor again to make sure I heard her right. This means I get a great lunch twice a week for FREE!! It really doesn't get much better than that when you are living on a budget.
 |
| Salad Time |
After talking with my parents on Thursday night and complaining about the lack of greens in our diet, they told me we had to go to the store the next day and get things to make a salad. And boy did we make a salad. It was amazing and we realized we were so dumb not to have gotten these things before. We have been trying to cut back on some of our favorites at home. For me, it's cheese, Perri, avocado and Helen, well any type of meat she can get her hands on. But we learned sometimes cutting out things we love makes us sad, so we have agreed to splurge once and a while. Our salad had a ton of veggies, pecans, feta and olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It was so wonderful we are still talking about it. Thank you mom and dad!

Yesterday we went back down by the Thames and walked along the water near the London Eye and Big Ben. It was a beautiful day, super windy but the sky was clear. We walked around another floor of the Tate and went to Borough Market which we thought would be the highlight of our day. Perri and I were a little less than impressed. Don't get me wrong it is a great market that had lots of cheese and produce stands (which we are going to go back to) but there was so much meat and dead animals hanging around it was overwhelming. Perri and I had a tough time finding something to eat but we found an Indian food stand that was really great. It is hard to describe what we ate but I guess it was a type of potato in a crepe with a side of chickpeas in a masala sauce with pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top. Helen of course was freaking out and couldn't decide what meat product to have. She finally settled on a sandwich with thick English bacon, a fried egg, greens and "special sauces". She was having the best time eating it and making a huge mess. For dessert we bought giant chocolate chip cookies, the perfect combination of softness with a crunch and we ate every bite.
I actually have some work to do this week because there are a few papers and midterms coming up in the next two weeks. I have to get it done early because I am going to be super busy with my birthday celebrations next weekend. I can't believe how quickly the time is going, this Wednesday will be one month here!!
We also booked our trip for spring break the first week in March to Lagos, Portugal and Barcelona, Spain. I am really excited and hope that the weather will be warm enough to sit on the beach in a bathing suit. I am definitely going to do it anyways though so I guess it does't matter.
Cheers! XX
No comments:
Post a Comment