Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Day We Saw the House that Shakespeare's Cousin's Best Friend Lived In

Oh what a week. We have been so busy and I feel like I haven't slept at all. What rockstars we are. On Thursday night we went to O'Neill's, which we had gone to when we first got to London but with a 10 pound cover charge we weren't quick to go back. Thursday night was free though and we like free!   It was a lot of fun and nice to be back out after being hermits for the past two weeks. We were dancing like our crazy selves and people were either laughing and admiring our skills or really shocked and convinced we were on something. (We weren't I promise you!) It was a really great night and Perri even danced with a 40 something year old woman. Priceless!!
Saatchi Gallery
 On Friday I had work in the morning, which is   going well. The London Marathon is next weekend so I have been working on stuff for that and I get to go to the expo on Wednesday and help hand out the Whizz-Kidz race packs. I will get the opportunity to meet a lot of the runners I have been interviewing these past few weeks which is exciting and I won't have to sit in the office all day. 

In the afternoon I met Helen at the Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea. It was amazing and all of the art was modern and interesting. I loved it. The area the gallery is in is very upscale and very wealthy. We were looking around for celebs but sadly didn't see any. 

Shakespeare walked by this house once 
On Saturday we were up early and went to Stratford Upon Avon and Kenilworth Castle. It was a tour through CAPA which means we had a tour guide. She was so annoying. I usually really appreciate tour guides and all the knowledge and fun facts they share but she just kept repeating herself and barely stopped talking the entire two hours we were on the bus driving there. Stratford 'Upon the River', Shakespeare's birth and death place, was a pretty town but very touristy. We decided that if you were a Shakespeare enthusiast, like a real die-hard fan, then this is the perfect town for you. Most of the home's Shakespeare and his family lived in have been torn down and rebuilt, which made walking around looking at his daughter's replicated home a little tiresome. We joked, hence the title of this post, that we saw everything that was in some roundabout way related to Shakespeare. But don't get me wrong, no disrespect to the man, the town was great. We got lunch at this cute cafe and walked around a little before we had to get back on the bus to head to Kenilworth Castle. 


The castle was the highlight of the day. It was so big and beautiful and we were able to explore in all the little rooms and climb to the top. The views were breathtaking. I took so many pictures and Perri ran around exploring in her expedition shirt. Thank god she was wearing it yesterday. 

Frolic Young One 
Last night the three of us, Rena and Margo, who was visiting this weekend from Siena, went to Bubbledogs, a champaign and hotdog restaurant. Don't get too excited (Scott) I didn't eat an actual hotdog. Perri and I got veggie dogs which were actually pretty good. I got the Mac Attack which was macaroni and cheese and onions. WOW so great. Everyone loved theirs and it was a really cool concept for a restaurant, one we could even bring back to Worcester with us?? 

We are down to our last couple weeks which is just so sad. We definitely have a mix of emotions about leaving but we have such an amazing adventure ahead of us too. Spending so much time together can be challenging but I wouldn't have picked better friends to share this experience with. When else am I going to get to fall asleep in big bed listening to Helen and Perri take a Harry Potter quiz for a solid 45 minutes. 

COUNTDOWN 4 days till my parents come!! 

I will leave you with this quote Helen heard from a drunk man outside our flat at 2am on Wednesday. Although a little ridiculous there is some truth to it: 

"Get in there and headbutt somebody, shag somebody, have a glass of wine, go and live your life and don't be a coward."

XX. 

No comments:

Post a Comment