Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Set my Sights on Where I'm Going and my Goodbyes to Where I've Been

I have been putting off writing this last post for days now but I am finally forcing myself to sit down and collect my thoughts.

What a whirlwind these past two weeks have been. Being home is wonderful, I missed it so much. It took a couple days to get used to the time change (I was up at 5am and wanted to go to bed by 6pm) but luckily it only took a few days to adjust and no serious physical symptoms occurred. Thank God! It is really nice to relax and spend time at home before my busy summer schedule begins.

Airport Reunion 
Since coming back I have had the chance to reflect on my time abroad. I spent a few hours one day rereading all of my blog posts (I talked about food and used the word 'so' TOO MUCH!! Sorry) but it was nice to look back on where this blog started and see how it has morphed into something much more than I could have imagined.

Before I left for London I was confused and to be honest really sad. There was a lot going on in my life on top of preparing to be abroad for months. It wasn't easy. But looking back now on my first post and that time, I just have to laugh because everyone was right, it does get easier. It takes time but leaving for London when I did was the best thing that could have happened because I was able to take a step back and see things a little clearer.

I am not sure if I changed that much as a person, overall. How can one really judge that? But I am certain, the place I was in when I left is now only a distant memory. London helped open my eyes to all of the amazing opportunities, places and things around me and made me appreciate, even more, the opportunities I have been given. I had an amazing time and could not have picked a better city to study abroad in.

It's good to be home.
When I decided to write this blog my intentions were simply to share my adventures with my close friends and family. But to my surprise, a lot of people have taken the time to read what I have to say, which is pretty cool. Although sometimes writing a blog post was the last thing I wanted to do on Sundays, I realized how many little things I would have forgotten if I hadn't. And the positive response I received from so many people kept me motivated to continue writing. So I want to say thank you, for all of those who read even one thing I posted here. It means a lot to me.

With that being said, I have decided to continue blogging. I am not sure exactly what direction this will go but I think it is important to keep writing. I have a lot of exciting things happening in my life right now and I am about to enter my senior year of college this fall. There will certainly be things worth writing about I am sure.

I have been told the key to a good blog is the name, so I actually took some time coming up with it. If you are confused I encourage you to look it up and make your own inferences but I think it speaks for itself.

If you do continue reading I promise it won't be boring and hopefully not too weird. (No promises on that last part though, I am who I am) My intention is to share my life and hold nothing back, maybe even more so than I already have here, but I guess you will have to see for yourself. For those who will end here though I thank you for staying with me this long, it is more than I could have hoped for.

Until next time…

Follow my new blog here:
http://astateoftarantism.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment